How teachers get set up to manage their teacher website.
Watch the entire 8-minute video above, or if you would like to jump to specific parts of the video, click one of the links below (these links will launch a new window.)
Jump to a section in the video:
- Logging in
- Reset forgotten password
- Login with email and password
- Set up Google or Microsoft login
- De-authorize Google or Microsoft
- Set up teacher website
- Class site vs. teacher site
- Update public directory profile
- Update teacher website URL
Teachers typically log in to the school's main website to do four main things:
- Manage their personal/teacher website
- Update their public-facing directory profile
- Manage specific content they have been granted access to by the administration
- Access the school's private intranet pages
Clever: If your school uses Clever, your teachers can be set up to use their Clever logins. Reach out to SchoolNow support if you are not already set up. We can help you get this set up so that your users can login to SchoolNow using their Clever logins.
Google and Microsoft: Teachers will learn how to log in for the first time using their email and temporary password they were provided. They can then easily set up Google or Microsoft authentication by following the simple steps in this video.
Provision Teacher Site (Personal Site)
Teachers will learn how to provision their personal website. We'll also discuss the difference between a class website (having multiple owners) and a personal/teacher website (having a single owner).
How do I provision my website?
- While on the dashboard go to your account name that is located in the upper right-hand corner, click and select Personal Sites in the drop-down menu.
- On the new screen, click Add Site.
- Enter the name of the site in the Name field, press Tab which will automatically fill out the slug field located.
- Select the school that your site will be under so it inherits the theme of that school in the Container field.
- Finally below that is Model, click and select Teacher Model.
- Click Create and you will be taken to your new personal site.
How do I see a delete my personal website(s)?
To delete your personal site go to the dashboard, click on your account name that is located in the upper right-hand corner and select Personal Sites in the drop-down menu. This will take you to a screen showing all of your personal websites, there click on Delete Website in the section for the personal site that you would like to delete. Please remember once a personal site is deleted it cannot be recovered and will need to be manually rebuilt.
Note: While you can create more than one personal site, you can only link one to your profile.
Once you have set up your teacher website, we recommend watching the Basic Training below to get up to speed in no time!